Friday, February 11, 2011

A New Blog about our Rapidly Changing World

This is the first post to my new blog.

Our human and natural systems seem to be changing at an ever increasing rate.  Part of the reason for that is that, more than ever, the human and natural worlds are intersecting.  For the past two years, I have written the blog of the International Institute for Strategic Studies' Transatlantic Dialogue on Climate Change and Security.  Through those two years, a total of 262 posts looked at such questions of whether military action can amplify local glacial melting, how transboundary water resources are shared, and a series of posts looking at how intelligence agencies are addressing the challenges of climate change.

While that blog focused exclusively on how climate change affects issues of security, I aim with this blog to reach further than simply climate issues. A changing climate poses significant threats to security; and I will expand on those in future posts. However, so too does pollution, cyber security, population density, or migration.  These topics and, hopefully, a dose of pop culture and sports, will be addressed in the blog.

I encourage readers to comment to any posts.  Take a look at the links I've posted on the blog to the right for my interests.  Thanks for reading.  

No comments:

Post a Comment